HGV DRIVERS

toonarmy

hi lads, just a couple of questions, if i get a C&E licensce would this mean i could drive and truck no matter of the wieght, i dont mean like tankers, i mean like the asda trucks. Is it true its harder to get a job if u havnt trained with a company or is there a large demand for hgv drivers, also i got my hgv theory book through, bludie hell its mad

C&E is anything :thumb: any weight, rigid or artic.

Once you have it, you'll never ever be out of stupidly well paid work again ;)

you 'may' have to do agency work first, but if you are prepared to work Sat to Wed, £700 a week is easily within reach :thumb: Dont mind admitting me and Ross got a helping hand getting into ASDA, but they are always recruiting, and they take most sorts on. You have Chepstow and Avonmouth depots close to you :thumb:

dunno what they pay, but here were OTE of 32k, shouldnt think you'll be far off there, and you may well bump into me and Ross now and again :D . You'll never get paid that money for such an easy job ;)

cheers lee mate, thanx thats a great help, its gonna cost a bomb toget the license though, i belive a real m3 mite be in order

mine cost about £1800 all in, but its the best thing I have done. Get paid well for a job I absolutely love :thumb:

driving a huge truck easy?? :O:o:o i bet its ret hard

plus the stress of dealing with all the crap driver out there and sitting in traffic for hours and then at the end of it squeezing into some crazy small space

respect the huge truck drivers :P

tip: work nights ;) :roll:

yeah, tis daunting at first, but its like you getting into a car and thinking nothing of it now :)

im thinking of doing a crash course to get the license

don't crash!!!!!!! :D

seriously, good luck with it, do a bit of agency in the middle of the licences to start earning whilst you're paying out the fairly large sums :thumb:

is it true trucks are limited to 56mph

yes!!!! ALL :D (apart from paddy wagons!)

Only ones older than M reg weren't limited and if any firm has trucks that old they shouldn't be in business!!!!!

Tis also 40mph on single carigeway!!!! :thumb:

Edited by Mk6 Si Ross